Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a C-Suite leader?
Today’s conversation is with my friend, Laura Weldy. She is an amazing leadership coach for women who are in corporate who are looking to take ownership of their careers and really understand what it takes to be a successful leader and rise to the top of the industry.
Having confidence in your work is so important because it will have a ripple effect in every other area of your life. But how exactly do you gain that C-Suite confidence?
That’s exactly what we’re talking about today! You can learn how to walk confidently as a C-Suite leader before you actually become that leader.
Join us in this episode as we talk about the 5 secrets to become a C-Suite female leader.
[6:08] Meet Laura!
[11:17] The 2 main factors that drive burnout
[12:00] What sets apart the women who get to the top apart from those who don’t
[13:42] 1st Secret: Strong sense of self
[15:59] 2nd Secret: Willingness to take responsibility
[17:39] 3rd Secret: Have a vision for your legacy as a leader
[21:25] 4th Secret: Self-management
[22:28] 5th Secret: Desire to learn over the desire to constantly prove your authority
[25:21] How can you have more confidence in your work?
[29:44] What women get wrong in the workplace
Action Steps to apply to YOUR journey:
The secrets of C-suite female leaders:
- Understand your personal values, your professional values, and how loyal you are to those values.
- Have a willingness to own things in the workplace and a willingness to be held accountable for the results that you’re creating.
- How do you want other people to feel about you as a leader? You need to have a vision for how you want your people to feel and the kind of experience they’re going to have with you as a leader.
- How are you leading yourself? Is it in integrity with what you want to do to lead other people? You need to get yourself in line first before you lead others.
- When you are given the gift of authority you need to stay open handed with it. Be willing to ask other people what they would do in a situation and listen to other voices.
Laura’s final advice to you:
- Bet on yourself.
- Put all of your effort and investment into making that happen.
- Start showing up to work as the leader you want to be.
- Invest in yourself.
I’m rooting for you friends!
A Note about today’s episode:
We will not be holding another Network to Hire workshop in April 2021. Stay tuned for the next date the workshop will be opened!
Connect with Laura:
Links mentioned in this episode:
There are only a limited number of journals being printed and the people on the waitlist get the first dibs.
To get on the waitlist and lock in your copy of the journal, sign up here!
Want to dive deeper in this topic? Check out these podcast episodes!