I know what it feels like to hate going to work on Mondays.
I call it…The Sunday Scaries.
Are you exhausted? ✔
Are you burnt out? ✔
Do you hate your job? ✔
Do you live for Fridays? ✔
I hear you shouting YES to all of the above!
So how do you do it? How do you stop dreading Mondays if you can’t stand your job?
Before I dive into some action steps, let’s stop for a second and evaluate…
Why do you hate your Mondays in the first place?
Why do I hate going to this job?
What about this job isn’t fulfilling to me?
To help you get clarity with these questions, I highly recommend journaling your way through these questions. (You can get our career journal here)
Okay, now let’s get into some things you can do to start bringing joy into your Mondays again!
[5:30] The #1 thing I did to get myself excited for Mondays (not just Fridays)
[8:03] Do something that makes you feel good about yourself
[9:30] Connect with somebody
[10:41] Plan for your work week ahead of time
[12:05] Push against what’s become the norm: Hating Mondays
[13:08] Don’t jam pack your weekend
Action Steps to apply to YOUR journey:
How to stop living for the weekend and enjoy your Mondays again!
- Get a new job (if possible)
- The Monday Method – on Fridays plan something for Monday that you will look forward to. Something that will get you excited for Monday, instead of dreading Monday.
- Do something that makes you feel good about yourself – whatever that looks like for you. Fix your hair, wear red lipstick, put that power suit on, rock those statement earrings. Your work quality will be better when you feel like you are your best self.
- Connect with somebody – a co-worker, a friend, a parent, a pet. Proactively connect with someone on Mondays. We are not meant to be isolated and alone.
- Plan for your work week ahead of time – this could be on Fridays (like we suggest doing in the Career Map Journal) or on Sunday nights.
- Don’t jam pack your weekend – You need time to decompress over the weekend. Don’t plan so much to where you’re going into the work week on Mondays exhausted from your weekend.
I’m rooting for you friends!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Plan for your week ahead with The Career Map Journal!
Get rid of the Sunday Scaries with our journal! Follow this link to snag a copy before they’re gone!
Want to dive deeper in this topic? Check out these podcast episodes/blog posts!
*This post may contain affiliate links*