Here’s how most job searches go:
- You need a job, so you start looking online for jobs.
- You find one you like.
- So you tweak your resume and put in your application.
- Then you pray to the recruiting gods that your application will be picked for an interview.
This is a very ineffective way to get your resume and experience seen.
You can’t just apply online and hope something sticks to the wall.
But here’s the thing…
Networking is responsible for 85% of all jobs.
I’ll let that sink in.
You can’t ignore this statistic! Networking is VITAL for getting a job.
In today’s episode, we talk about why networking is so important and the steps you need to take to start networking the right way.
[4:44] The stats behind networking
[6:13] Is this free workshop for people who are actively looking for a job or people who are happy with their jobs? (Spoiler: It’s for both!)
[8:24] An overview of what we’ll be talking about in the workshop
[12:28] Why just applying online for jobs does NOT work
[15:01] Stats that prove networking is more effective
[17:00] Let’s define exactly what “networking” is
[18:55] Steps you need to be taking when thinking about networking
Action Steps to apply to YOUR journey:
Steps you need to be taking when thinking about networking
- Get your mind right – get rid of the lies that you believe that’s keeping you from effectively networking
- Get a strategy in place – the problem with most people when they’re networking is they don’t have a clear strategy (we’ll help you with this in the workshop)
- Be consistent – networking can’t be a one time thing
- Build relationships – you never want someone to feel used so you need to serve in these professional relationships you’re building
I’m rooting for you friends!
Links mentioned in this episode:
FREE 5 day workshop starting Feb 22: Network To Hire
Let’s see if we’re a fit! Schedule a strategy session to talk about the RTE program
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Connect with me on my new RTE Instagram
My new Recruit The Employer website
Sign up for our FREE 5 day workshop that is packed FULL of valuable information all about networking!
You can sign up here!
Want to dive deeper into what we talked about today? Check out these podcast episodes!