Ready to get your hands on this journal?!!!!
Have no fear friends, the time is here! Follow this link to snag a copy before they’re gone!!
But after you’re through getting a copy, come back and listen to this episode if you want to hear why journaling is so important for your career….especially for women.
Welcome friends!! Today is such a special day. A day where a dream I’ve had for a very long time has finally happened. (It’s a little surreal!)
I’m so excited to dive into these topics with you today….
- Why journaling is important – not only from what I’ve seen but from what research has shown as well.
- Why I created the Career Map Journal. Complete with stories of how I felt my needs weren’t being met in this area and some things I was noticing with clients that I know you’ll be able to relate to.
- What’s actually in the journal. I’m going to walk you through all.the.things – who this is for, what can you find in the pages, what to expect after you purchase the journal.
- What I learned from creating this journal – a little behind the scenes peak at creating a physical product to sell.
So come with me as I reflect on my journey on creating this journal and why journaling is so important for your career!
[3:30] Why you should join Oprah Winfrey and General George S. Patton in journaling
[8:17] How a lack of career journals in my personal life led to this product creation
[11:15] Strategy sessions turned therapy sessions with my clients helped shape the contents of this journal
[13:23] Can you answer the question: What have you done in the past year in your career?
[16:49] Specs and breaking down the three sections of the journal
[24:30] What lies I told myself and the lessons I learned while creating this journal
[28:50] My big failure and how I’m celebrating it
Action Steps to apply to YOUR journey:
The 3 sections of the journal:
- Clarity – giving you prompted questions and guided questions on how to get clarity in your career
- Weekly planning and reflection pages – see below for more info on this!
- The emotions at work – pages for you to freely write everything you’re feeling
The six parts of the weekly planning and reflection pages
3 things to complete every Monday morning:
- Monday Method – I want you to sit down for five minutes in the morning and figure out what your Monday Method is (the Monday Method is explained in the journal and we’ll also be talking about it on the podcast in a few weeks)
- Networking – After you plan your Monday Method, next I want you to plan out who you’re going to network with this week. Pick 2-3 people to network with that week.
- This week’s goal – Last step is to pick 1-2 goals to work on this week. Don’t make it complicated!
3 things to reflect on at the end of your week:
- Work wins – What are your 1-2 work wins for this week?
- Favorite failure – What did you fail at this week and what did you learn from it?
- Next week’s goal – List out your 1-2 goals for next week.
I’m rooting for you friends!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Celebrate my big failure with me!
I’m giving away our Networking Templates ($49 value) away to anyone who purchases The Career Map Journal and finds the typo! Take a picture of the typo and send the picture to me through a DM on LI or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! CLUE: It’s embarrassingly ironic!
Click here to purchase the journal!
Want to dive deeper in this topic? Listen to/read these next!